Hiring the Best Raleigh Magicians and Raleigh NC Magicians
If I weren’t a professional Raleigh Magician, I’m quite sure that I’d be overwhelmed by the process of trying to hire a Raleigh Magician. I wouldn’t know where to start looking, what questions to ask, and what I should expect to hear. The list below will help you ensure that you’re hiring a good Raleigh Magician and someone who will contribute to making your child’s event special and memorable.
1) Ask around: Chances are that your child’s classmates (or classmates’ siblings) have seen another Raleigh Magician at someone else’s birthday party. Ask other parents if they’ve seen other entertainers and if they have any recommendations. You can spend hours looking online for entertainers, but a first hand recommendation is the best place to start!
2) Don’t be afraid to drive the conversation: When you call a Raleigh Magician to inquire about their show, they will likely give you a lot of information about their show (what it entails, how long it is, stand-out tricks, etc). Don’t be shy about asking questions or voicing your concerns-this is, after all, your child’s party! Are you worried about space? About holding the attention of wiggly children? About timing the show will other party elements, like cake? A good entertainer has experience addressing these issues and would be happy to talk you through what has worked best in his/her experience.
3) References: If, after speaking with the Raleigh Magician, you find yourself on the fence (you think you want to hire him but aren’t completely sure), it may be worthwhile to ask for a reference from a previous client. Many entertainers’ websites have pages of testimonials listed. http://ncmagician.com/testimonials/
4) Contract: Always get a contract with the details of the agreement. When a client hires me, it’s my responsibility to make sure they know exactly what they will get when they book the show. The date, time, location, price and specifics of the show are always listed. Your entertainer should provide you with a copy of the contract prior to the day of the show. Even for very last minute shows, the entertainer can still take a picture of the contract with his/her cell phone and text it to you.
5) Pricing: Just as there is a big range in price for painters, tutors, and restaurants, the same is true for children’s entertainers. The more expensive magician isn’t necessarily the best, but there are a few factors to consider. A magician who charges considerably less than others is probably not too busy and is trying to get as many shows as possible. He may be okay, but he probably isn’t very well-known (if you’re considering hiring someone who isn’t well known, this would be a good time to ask for references, as mentioned above). A magician who charges considerably more than others is probably very busy and is able to charge a lot because his time is much more limited. The higher priced magician might also offer more than the other magicians. Some magicians bring just a suitcase, while others bring a suitcase and a bird. I bring a 2 suitcases, bunny, Parrot , and a Monkey! I am the #1 Raleigh Magician.
Contact the Raleigh Magician , Magic by David 919-266-1682 http://ncmagician.com/contact-us/